Dear Family & Friends,
Happy New Year 2 weeks late!
Here's what's up with me.
MWF: Spanish Linguistics and Statistics 2. Also, I have time in MWF to go to lunches at Axtell High for Young Life so that's going to be great.
Happy New Year 2 weeks late!
Here's what's up with me.
MWF: Spanish Linguistics and Statistics 2. Also, I have time in MWF to go to lunches at Axtell High for Young Life so that's going to be great.
Then Tues/Thurs: Macroeconomics, Managerial Accounting, and Christian Heritage which is the history of the church...200 AD til today

I'm excited about it all. I'm through the first week now and I think I have a great group of teachers. That makes all the difference.
Young Life club is starting up not this MLK Jr Monday but the one after that, the 24th. Until then, I'll be going up to the lunches to make friends that way. Yeah it's as simple as walking into a high school cafeteria and saying "hey what's up, what's your name?" I exaggerate. That is what it is, but it is intimidating. It's always a toss up on how you'll be received that day. But we called to a spirit of boldness and timidity. So yeah, His purposes are the only things that motivate me and keep me going like I do.
What else? Hmm I am hoping to learn to cook a little more than I do. For two reasons, 1) it's a good and necessary skill and 2) I'm trying to save some money. Not just for the sake of saving money, more than that. What I'm doing is, based off how much an average meal cost me last year (I kept track and averaged them), I'm giving the money I save in order to intentionally bless someone else with it. Clear as mud right? Well here it is straight: I averaged, let's say, $11.40 per meal last year. If I find a meal or make a meal that costs $6, I will be giving the saved $5.40 away. The plan is to basically "sponsor" some of my own Axtell Young Life kids to go to camp. $190 is the cost. I think I can get some kids to camp with this. I hope it works out like I plan.
Love you all,
Andrew
P.S.-Have you ever noticed that MLKJ (as in Martin Luther King Jr.) are those four letters reversed order in the alphabet??




I want to see a big picture of the white board you're writing on.. thanks for the update!
ReplyDelete