Dear Friends and Family,
Last weekend was interesting. I went to one of my Young Life guy's 18th birthday party. We hung out at a hotel and swam in the pool and ate pizza and cookie cake. His family was there and it was his little sister's birthday party too. Good time with the guys building up the relationships in hopes of bridging another relationship with them towards Jesus. Anyway, I brought some sticky notes and we made a pretty cool "1-Up" or "free life" symbol from all the Mario games.
On Monday night, Baylor played #2 Kansas at our house. Kevin and I painted up and got into it and stood courtside with the "Bear Pit." We painted up in the design of our Bear Pit jerseys...yellow and black striped. We lost the game (they have two twin towers, the Morris twins) but we had a lot of fun and got into it.
And I am cooking things that I have never tried to cook, still trying to do the whole "save money in order to bless someone else with it" thing. It's been working, and I'm not starving myself at all. The sandwich is Becca's Amazing Sandwich, which should be trademarked because it's so good. She made it up and gave me the recipe and I've had it 4 times in the last 2 weeks.
My spaghetti turned out pretty well. There's so many things I haven't done...like brown meat in a skillet. It was all new to me. Even just putting the noodles in the pot was an adventure and a sight worth taking a picture of for me. I would love some easy-ish recipes if yall have any.
Tomorrow is our first YL event of the semester. We're having a "Flapjack Film Festival." Pancakes and a movie, The Sandlot. So pray for that and a great semester for Axtell High.
Love you all,
No comments:
Post a Comment
feel free to give me some feedback