Dear Family and Friends,
This summer I worked at Community Foundation of Acadiana in my hometown of Lafayette, LA. We helped "connnect generous people to the causes they care about." I couldn't have asked for a better experience and team to work with. I enjoyed serving there for 45 days.
What did I do? I created a database to find potential relationships to cultivate. I did a lot of work on a website they have. I also did some of the little, sometimes random, things: updating an iPhone, organizing junk, ordering lunch, playing classical music over the speaker system for 'white noise,' relabeling the phones, and coming up with an acronym for an M&M's dispenser named "BERT" (Better Exercise Regularly, Team). I encountered a company culture and leadership that gives new meaning to ministry. One that's sole purpose is to literally give back to the community. Here's some pictures from my time.
This summer I worked at Community Foundation of Acadiana in my hometown of Lafayette, LA. We helped "connnect generous people to the causes they care about." I couldn't have asked for a better experience and team to work with. I enjoyed serving there for 45 days.
What did I do? I created a database to find potential relationships to cultivate. I did a lot of work on a website they have. I also did some of the little, sometimes random, things: updating an iPhone, organizing junk, ordering lunch, playing classical music over the speaker system for 'white noise,' relabeling the phones, and coming up with an acronym for an M&M's dispenser named "BERT" (Better Exercise Regularly, Team). I encountered a company culture and leadership that gives new meaning to ministry. One that's sole purpose is to literally give back to the community. Here's some pictures from my time.
I managed DONORSense.org and communicated with nonprofits to update their profiles.
...through an app called CardMunch on my phone that takes pictures of each card makes each one into editable contact on a computer.
I had to make a scene of it, didn't it? Haha.
There were rainy days.
Making labels for the phones.
Looking good most days.
I had to thank the team. It was a priceless experience.
Who knows where I'll end up in my first real job. I do know I'll draw upon my experience here at CFA no matter what.
Love,
Andrew
P.S.- Humor in business and influential (High I) personalities are critical to a company culture.
P.P.S.- I'm so glad Eric Wowoh came in to update his Change Agent Network profile that one day.
No comments:
Post a Comment
feel free to give me some feedback