Sunday, August 26

YL Camp Till the End of the Summer 2012

Dear Family and Friends,

Young Life camp was rich and is fresh in mind. I had 4 of "my" Axtell Young Life guys experience "best week of their lives" (with cool tshirt and rapelling included...see first picture below). All four of my guys' take-aways were different. All four accepted Christ...that's awesome. But one of my guys who I really enjoyed talking with for an hour and a half (one on ones are usually just 25-30 minutes) on the last day of camp really took the cake. When he stood up at Say-So, he said "My name is ___, I'm from Waco, TX, and this afternoon with my leader, I gave my life to Christ." I melted. He never outright said it in our time together so I was shocked and pleased when he said that. Jesus had worked and unbeknownst to me, broke through my friends doubts and struggles. It made my summer.



July fourth with the guys and gal was yummy and rainy.

Josh's birthday was a crappy one...and by that I mean a lot of fun. 


My girlfriend made this amazing arrangement of food. She takes care of me so well.
Did I mention... we took dance lessons at TC Dance Club in Baton Rouge? That was fun!

Floyd removed allllll the wall paper in Deda and Josh's bathroom and repainted a couple rooms upstairs.
Happy baby. Classic yoga pose. He's a natural. SO fun living with Smith this summer.





I got new tires!
Probably the closest picture to perfection this summer(:
I also got a trailer hitch installed! 
And built a tower.


Left Lafayette...
to move Becca in an apartment in Clinton.
And we had a great time time with the Jim Moss family. 

What can I say? This summer was all good. From working at CFA to time with Becca to YL things to time with friends and lots of family, it was a great summer. I'm leaving out one significant thing that maybe I'll share later too. 

Surely goodness and grace have followed me all the days of my life. I waiting to see what His plan is next...

Love yall,
Andrew

P.S.- Senior year has begun. The pursuit of 'what will I do next?' begins. One day at a time though. I'm going to enjoy this season of life for what it is. Advice and encouragement or job offers are welcome, however(;

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to give me some feedback