Saturday, September 3

YO! (expect an hola?)
This is my fourth day here now and it's been something. To be honest, I mean to say it's been a lot of stress and adjustment but I'm taking it all in stride at the same time, confident everything will work out and happy to be here, counting my many blessings.
Click to see the picture bigger
 My first impression really wasn't a good one. Madrid seems cold and impersonal. Yet I know I don't know the city yet and will come to think of it better. My cell phone I bought is not working so I had to buy another cheap one and it has very bad rates attached to it, but I'm using skype a lot and that is pretty cheap. So if you get a call from an unknown number, answer it! It could be me. I think the impersonal feeling could also be because I'm not fluent yet. I'm trying to stretch myself and speak lots, but it has led to couple wrong orders (at McDonald's) and just blanking for words. It'll come soon enough though, I'm sure.

Plaza Moncloa
 Although I've used subway systems before, I've had plenty of trouble getting around.  I missed one station's stop 3 times one night and it took me an hour and forty-five minutes to get home hahah. And trying to get back to the metro from school my first day, I got lost and stumbled upon the place you see in the pictures. Not a bad place to find. It's really pretty.

I have no idea what this building
I'm still looking for some good friends. I know I've only been here so long, but I'm longing for community and missing family and friends and Becca especially. Other than that, having a RED towel that put lint all over me while drying off and oversleeping my first 2 classes yesterday which started at noon and 1:00 (talk about jet-lag!) have been my only other expected happenings. 

If you want something to pray about, those are all my concerns and my hopes, as well, of the silver lining that I know is there. I know all is well and this party is just getting started.

Love you all,
Andrew

P.S.- My cell phone number receives free incoming calls. The number from the US is 011 34 683 134 698. If you have any trouble, email me or call me on skype- andrewmosssmith (i have voicemail set up on there). Mailing a 1 oz letter or postcard by USPS costs 98 cents. UPS or FedEx is much recommended because it will probably get here 4 times as quickly and can be tracked. My mailing address is:
Andrew Smith
Calle Pez Austral 17, 13D
28007 Madrid, Spain
All this info is in my about me on my facebook too.

P.P.S.-Mom, I tried to take a picture of Senora Vigis but she said another day when she has some make-up on hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to give me some feedback