Tuesday, August 30

Oh what fun...Irene threw me to a crazy and fun situation

Hurricane Irene was coming. It cancelled my group flight that was supposed to be Sunday night the 28th. Then, they actually moved our flight UP to saturday night but that was soon after cancelled as well. So I had all Saturday and Sunday in a New York City that was EMPTY. Luckily, I got to escape. I went with a Natchez-native Sarah Gray Miller and her husband, Tony, to their upstate Athens, NY home. We also went with their dog sitter, Curry, and his friend Kaitlin, as well as two dogs. We were STUFFED into Tony's Jeep Cherokee and we drove through the beautiful upstate New York region arriving Saturday afternoon. This picture was right after we arrived. I was le tired.

Little did we know, we went to the most rainy place of the whole storm. It rained 13 inches where we were. The Hudson River where we were flooded many businesses and warehouses along the river. There wasn't any heavy wind. We didn't even know it had rained that much. We took a stroll around the nice downtown area and saw the effects.





Where we stayed, all was normal. Well. Sort of. The decorations and nicknacks were unbelievable. It was like the antique roadshow had made a home. So many things to look at. It was crazy.
And we cooked. Well, Curry and Sarah Gray were the real cooks. It was so good. Every meal.

And there's more to say but I have to go! I'm writing this on the plan as I'm leaving. Irene has really started this adventure off. Alright. Gotta fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to give me some feedback