I've added a lot of pictures of the last week of school and my trip up to Pittsburgh to see Hannah and Marcus and Max; my parents were visiting too.
What a great sophomore year. I would say I found a great niche at Baylor. The biggest part of the that being the community I encountered through Life Group which is a group of people from church (this is what we modeled our time after...good stuff), and the Young Life team I served with at Axtell High. Great new friends. People to keep up with this summer and forever.
Grades-wise, this semester was my worst ever. But really not bad. Statistics II-A. Christian Heritage--history of the church and my favorite of the semester--B+...3.5 points. And Managerial Accounting, Macroeconomics, and Spanish Linguistics, B B and B. Which has my GPA come out to 3.3 which isn't bad. It was my hardest semester yet. For sure. Cumlative GPA now is a 3.64.
Anywho, I had many goals for this semester like trying to save money by cooking more and buying groceries. And the money I would save would go to someone who needed it more than me. Well...I am completely sponsoring two kids from Axtell to go to YL camp. But...the whole saving money thing by buying groceries didn't come out like I expected. I keep track of every little thing I buy and I put in an Excel spreadsheet at the end of each month and I did the comparisons, and I didn't save much. MAYBE $20 a month. Haha. That's not even significant though. But I am glad I am still able to give a chance to a couple guys to see great opportunity and put a stake in the ground and say "God did something great in me that week at Young Life camp" when I was 16.
I won't just be leaving my Young Life kids either. Although I am going to Spain in the fall and unable to do any YL obviously, I am now going to summer school back at Baylor for the second summer session July 7-August 10. Therefore, when they get back from camp, I will be there to be a leader to them again and walk them through "My First 30 Quiet Times" or a similiar type of discipleship/"I'm a new Christian, now what do I do?" kind of thing.
Before summer school, I will be in Lafayette catching up on time with Becca and Lafayette friends or doing some service/leading with Lafayette YL. This week, May 15-20, a group of 20 college students and I are going to SharpTop Cove (STC) in Jasper, GA, an hour north of Atlanta to do Work Week. We will set up camp and make it pretty for the 2000 or so kids who will be going through the camp this summer. Painting, building, mulching, cleaning, cooking for the work weekers, cutting grass, counting and folding stock in the YL store, making beds--250 or so college kids will be serving. It's gonna be a great time. Then I will have 2 weeks in Lafayette. Then the Moss family reunion at the beach June 4-11! And Becca is coming to that, which is uber-exciting. And then a week in Lafayette. Lead with LFT YL back at STC in GA that June 19-26 week. Then help disciple those guys for a week in Lafayette again. And then to summer school. WOOOooooo. Sounds complicated but it's not.
I am so ready for it all.
Hope you enjoyed reading this far,
Love,
Andrew
P.S.-I am also reading 6 or 7 books. I read Velvet Elvis already and that was great. Highly recommend it. And my next big book will be Good to Great. Plenty of things to be joyful about.
No comments:
Post a Comment
feel free to give me some feedback